See the article large view here: http://help.pulpowms.com/en/articles/4311521-counting-tasks-using-the-pulpo-wms-mobile-app
Counting tasks are created and audited through the PULPO WMS Web App and executed using the PULPO WMS Mobile App. This article will explain the process for performing a counting task by position using the Mobile App. This is the most common type of counting task inside a warehouse, where the employee must go around the warehouse counting the existing products in specific positions assigned by the Administrator.
As a reminder, the type of counting tasks that can be created using the PULPO WMS Web App are:
- Counting by position.
- Counting by product.
- Counting by position and product.
- Go to the
Countingoption of the left side menu in the PULPO WMS Mobile App.
2. A list of open counting tasks will appear in the order of creation from the Web App. The employee can swipe towards the right any task for accepting it. If tasks were assigned to a specific user profile, only those will be shown in the list of open tasks.
Notice that the type of counting tasks is shown under the number of each task. For this example, a position counting task will be explained.
3. After accepting the task, the employee must go to the indicated position and scan the position barcode to ensure he is in the right position.
❗️ NOTE: In case the employee does not scan the correct position, the Mobile App will flash a red light indicating he is not in the right position.
4. Once at the position, the employee must start counting the products located in that position. For this, he has to open a scanning process by clicking on the
+" button of the lower right side of the screen. All scanned and counted products will later appear listed on this screen.
5. The employee scans the product barcode in the selected position. Depending on the type of product scanned, different procedures must be made:
- For none type products: Scan the product barcode and fill in the product's quantity found in the given position. For this example, the employee found 2 units of the scanned product barcode. If multiple units are stored inside boxes and this information is available to PULPO WMS, the screen will also give the counter to enter the number of boxes in addition to units.
- For serial type products: Scan the product barcode and then scan or enter the serial number(s) of the product. Every successfully scanned/entered serial will appear listed below for that position.
- For lot type products: Because the lot type products associates an expiration date for every lot, the process for counting this type of product is different than for the none and serial products. First, scan the product barcode.
Click on the
+" button of the lower right side of the screen to scan and count a product's lot. The counting process for the lot or batch numbers must be created for every individual lot found in the counting position.
Scan or enter the lot number code to search for the product's lot. If successfully scanned/entered, the expiration date associated with that lot will appear automatically. For this example, 2 units of products where found. Click on the
READY button of the lower part of the screen when counting all units associated with the lot number. If multiple units are stored inside boxes and this information is available to PULPO WMS, the screen will also give the counter to enter the number of boxes in addition to units.
All counted products will be listed after the counting process is finished for each lot. This will be displayed with the registered expiration date and the counted quantity in the counting position. Click the
READY button of the lower part of the screen when finishing counting all lots and products at the indicated position.
❗️ NOTE: PULPO WMS keeps an accurate track of all lot numbers registered inside the warehouse when receiving incoming goods and creating products through the Web App. If a wrong lot number is scanned or introduced, an Alert! message will appear asking to introduce the correct lot number in order to synchronize with the registered batch numbers of the warehouse.
6. When all current products at the given position have been counted, they appear listed with their corresponding SKU, product name and quantity in the window mentioned in 4. The counting task can now be finished by clicking the
FINISH button at the lower part of the screen.
7. The counting task will now disappear from the open counting tasks window mentioned in 2.
REVIEW SOME OF THE PULPO COMMON TASKS AND FUNCTIONALITIES!
Take a quick look at some of the main features and warehousing tasks of PULPO WMS:
- Manage incoming goods using the Web App
- Movement task: Move & store products from the reception zone
- Outgoing orders: Create sales orders using the Web App
- Learn about picking tasks coming from the outgoing orders in PULPO WMS
- Packing tasks using the PULPO WMS Mobile App
- Create counting tasks using the PULPO WMS Web App
- Manage stock using the PULPO WMS Web App