See the article large view here: http://help.pulpowms.com/en/articles/4310517-create-counting-tasks-using-the-pulpo-wms-web-app
Counting tasks are used to verify the current stock inside a warehouse. Using PULPO WMS will significantly reduce the need to execute counting tasks during normal operations. This article will explain how to create and audit counting tasks using the PULPO WMS Web App.
Go to the
Counting tasksoption located on the left side of the screen in the Web App.
2. The window shows a list of currently active counting tasks. The list can be filtered by date and state of the given counting tasks. States of counting tasks can be:
3. Select the
+" button located at the lower right side of the screen to create a new counting task. Here, the user can select the warehouse where the counting task will be performed as well as the type of counting task. PULPO WMS manages various types of counting tasks:
For product type counting task: This type of counting task is normally used when a product is missing so it needs to be counted in every position in which it is warehoused. Select the product registered in PULPO WMS to be counted. Optionally: add a short description for the task, select a group, choose a counter user to carry out the task.
For position type counting task: This is the common inventory counting task where all products in a storage position have to be counted. Select the storage position in PULPO WMS where products have to be counted. Optionally: add a short description for the task, select a group, choose a counter user to carry out the task.
For product and position type counting task: The difference to the before-mentioned counting task is that here only a specific product has to be counted inside the storage position. Select a product to be counted and choose from the suggested position(s) that contain this product. Optionally: add a short description for the task, select a group, choose a counter user to carry out the task.
For multiple type counting tasks: This type of counting task is very useful for cyclic counting tasks or doing the initial inventory. From the drop-down menu, select a specific
Position. All products currently located at any of the selected given positions will be filtered. Positions and products can also be filtered by their corresponding Tags. By clicking on the
CALCULATEbutton, a table with matching storage positions will appear. Position type counting tasks can now be created with just one click. Optional: the administrator can remove any position form the list of the suggested counting tasks.
4. Once a counting task is created, it will appear in the counting task list of the window mentioned in 2. The state will be
Open and the date will correspond to the creation date of the task.
For any selected
Open counting task, a counter user can be assigned or unassigned by the administrator by simply clicking the corresponding buttons at the lower right side of the screen. Counting tasks can be also canceled if necessary.
Now, the created and active counting tasks can be performed by the warehouse employees using the PULPO WMS Mobile App
Audit Counting Tasks:
After products are counted using the PULPO WMS Mobile App the counting task will appear in the state
FINISHED. At this point, the administrator can conduct the audit process of the finished tasks. In case of differences, the audit process will update the product's stock inside the warehouse, and for this reason, can only be executed by a user with the corresponding profile inside of PULPO WMS.
1. To perform the audit process for a selected task, click on the
AUDIT button at the lower right side of the screen.
2. A screen listing the counting task with the corresponding products and quantities counted will appear. The list shows the type of product counted, the user who did the counting task, the expected quantity (according to PULPO WMS stock information), the actual quantity of products counted at the position, the quantity difference for the expected and counted products and a difference in terms of the cost value of the missing/extra products.
3. In case of quantity differences the auditor can now decide if the differences found (if any) are to be ignored or adjusted in the product stock. Often a counting task is reopened (see 4) when differences are found to verify with a second or third counter before taking the
4. Finally, after checking the
Adjust options for every product, the audit task can be finished by clicking the
CLOSE TASK button at the lower right side of the screen. Individual tasks can also be reopened by clicking on the
REVIEW SOME OF THE PULPO COMMON TASKS AND FUNCTIONALITIES!
Take a quick look at some of the main features and warehousing tasks of PULPO WMS: