See the article large view here: http://help.pulpowms.com/en/articles/4306898-packing-tasks-using-the-pulpo-wms-mobile-app
Packing tasks in PULPO WMS refer to operations where picked products that are put in packing position of the warehouse are now ready to be packed. Products can be packed into one or multiple packing boxes or containers. After the packing, the packing box(es) are moved into shipping positions. The packing tasks and the packing position for any given packing order are automatically created in PULPO WMS once the picking tasks are finished. This article will explain step by step how employees can perform the packing tasks using PULPO WMS Mobile App.
The goal of the packing process is:
The control of the products to be shipped (quantity, batches, serial numbers)
The documentation in how many packages the products of the order are sent
For the e-commerce sector, where 10 - 40 products of multiple sales orders are picked in just on batch-picking task, PULPO WMS provides an optimized packing process. When a product is scanned, PULPO WMS recognizes the underlying sales order and the corresponding label can be printed out. This reduces the number of scanning processes and makes the packer even faster.
Packingoption in the PULPO WMS Mobile App.
2. Here, the employee can see all open packing tasks that are pending to be done. If tasks have been assigned to a specific user, only its user profile will be able to accept and carry out these specific tasks. Tasks can be accepted by swiping them towards the right side of the screen.
3. Scan and confirm the packing position to accept the packing task.
4. Before starting the packing task, the packer validates the quantity of each product from the sales order. It is a secondary check and ensures that the current products at the packing position correspond to the required products of the sales order. Lot and Serial numbers can also be double-checked.
A few scenarios can happen at this point. The packer could find that not all of the products are at the packing position. This may be because the picking task was not finished properly or some products are simply missing. In this case, the packer can click on the
PRODUCTS MISSING button at the lower part of the screen. He can now report the missing products and PULPO WMS will automatically create another picking task for the missing products.
Also, if there was an obvious mistake that needs to be manually resolved, e.g. products to be packed are completely different from the expected products of the sales order or the number of products is incorrect, then, the employee can click on
MISMATCH and leave the task.
Checking the quantity of products to be packed: The first step is to verify the quantity required according to the sales order. If the quantity of products is correct, click/tap on the line of the product to see the checkmark. It is also possible to scan the product barcode and have the App mark the scanned product to more easily identify the products to be verified.
Optional detailed check for serial type products: The employee can click/tap on the information icon located on the right side of the listed serial type product to verify the serial numbers of all products from the sales order. If the serial numbers are correct, click/tap on each listed serial number to accept it.
Optional detailed check for lot type products: Similarly to serial type products, the employee can click/tap on the information icon located on the right side of the listed product to verify the lot numbers of all products from the sales order. If the lot numbers are correct, click/tap on each listed lot number to accept it.
5. Once all quantities have been checked and confirmed for the sales order, the packing task can be accepted and started by clicking on
6. Next, the employee can put the products into one or multiple shipping boxes, often called parcels.
The employee can choose three options for creating shipping boxes. The employee can add the entire quantity of one product into one single box by clicking the box icon:
If a product is sent out in his own packaging, the employee can let PULPO know how many shipping boxes are created (usually 1:1 relation) and with this how shipping labels will be needed:
The employee can also choose to split products into multiple boxes, for example, if a shipping box that already contains products has space to add a certain amount of another product, he chooses the following option:
7. As soon as products have been added to a shipping box, this is shown at the lower side of the screen:
8. After closing a shipping box, a photo can also be taken by clicking on the camera icon. This can help to solve complaints or to prove that the product was sent in an adequate condition to the client.
9. Shipping labels can also be printed at this point in the process. Click on the
Printer icon to print a shipping label to put it in the shipping boxes.
❗️ NOTE: We recommend to our PULPO WMS users to have a shipping label provider that can integrate the shipping labels to the client's sales orders. By doing so, a shipping label will be attached to every sale order and when packing products in boxes, the shipping labels can be printed out. If shipping labels are not attached or synchronized with sales orders previously, the printer icon will not be enabled and the printing of labels will not be possible.
10. If all products are successfully packaged in shipping boxes, they are ready to be put into a shipping position. The shipping position must be scanned. Shipping positions are often named by shipping routes or shipping providers, e.g. DHL, FedEX, etc.
The packing task is now finished and will disappear from the list pending packing tasks mentioned in 2.
REVIEW SOME OF THE PULPO COMMON TASKS AND FUNCTIONALITIES!
Take a quick look at some of the main features and warehousing tasks of PULPO WMS: