See the article large view here: http://help.pulpowms.com/en/articles/4304220-cart-picking-tasks-using-the-pulpo-wms-mobile-app
In a cart picking task, products from multiple orders are picked in separate cart boxes in a single route using a special cart, similar to the image below.
In contrast to the batch picking, the products are pre-sorted by sales orders into the cart boxes. Because of that, the process generates great efficiencies for the packing process. This article will guide you step-by-step to perform a cart picking task using the PULPO WMS Mobile App.
For the picker, the process will be slightly different than for standard (Single Order), split and batch picking:
After creating or synchronizing a cart picking order from the PULPO WMS Web App, simply go to the
Pickingoption of the Mobile App.
2. All listed available picking tasks will appear on the screen. Notice that the cart picking task will be shown as:
Type Cart. The picker can also visualize the total product quantity from the cart picking task.
3. Similarly to the process of standard and split picking tasks, after the picker accepts the cart picking task, he can visualize the product list to be picked. It is already shown in an optimized route across all products of the sales orders contained inside the task.
4. The picker can now start the suggested picking route inside the warehouse. The process for picking will be the same as explained for the standard and Split picking article (see steps 3 to 5). The following will summarize the steps the picker must follow:
Scan the correct position code indicated by the Mobile App.
Scan the product's barcode.
Select quantity, serials or lot numbers depending on the type of product that is being picked (none/serial/lot).
5. Unlike the process with standard and split picking, once the picker confirms the position and picked product, he must now place the product(s) in a cart box. He is asked to scan that cart box and with this temporarily affiliates the cart box to a sales order. If the cart box is too small for products of the sales order, PULPO WMS can also affiliate multiple cart boxes with one sales order
6. Once the cart box is scanned and selected, the picker can choose to put all the products in the selected/scanned box or split the products (e.g. when there are many products in one sales order or are too big to fit in one single cart box) into different boxes. For the latter option, the boxes that will contain products of the same sales order will be asked to be scanned again to ensure the tracking of each product from a sales order.
7. After all the products from the different orders have been successfully picked and put in the scanned cart boxes, they will appear checked in the products list of the corresponding task mentioned in 3.
8. When the picker has finished the picking task, he takes the cart with the products to an available packing position. Here, he has the option to take all orders and products to the same packing position or split the cart boxes by sales order into different packing positions, adapting to the client's infrastructure.
9. If the picker chooses to take all products and orders to the same packing position, he must select an available packing position shown by PULPO WMS. The process is the same as for the standard and split picking tasks. In case the picker decides to split the cart boxes into different packing positions, he must scan each cart box to be split together with each corresponding packing position to keep track of products of each sales order.
The cart picking task is now finished and will disappear from the list of pending picking tasks mentioned in 2.
After successfully completing a cart picking task, PULPO WMS will automatically create a packing task for each sales order.
Keep exploring the different tasks that can be done with PULPO WMS. See what is next for executing picking and packing tasks, as well as managing the inventory of your warehouse: