See the article in large view here: http://help.pulpowms.com/en/articles/4278352-receive-incoming-goods-with-purchase-order-using-mobile-app-lot-type-products
Products that have an expiration date are classified as Lot type products in PULPO WMS (see the definitions for None, Serial and Lot type products in PULPO WMS). By default, PULPO WMS ensures that products with the earliest expiration date always leave the warehouse first. This article will explain how to receive Lot type products from a purchase order using the PULPO WMS Mobile App.
For receiving Lot type products in the warehouse, the product must be created or synchronized as explained in the Create/Edit Products article. Moreover, a purchase order with a specific delivery date must exist (see Manage incoming goods article).
The process for receiving Lot type products is the same as the one for receiving None type products described in the receiving none type products with purchase order article. All steps will be the same except for step 6 of the procedure, where a lot number must be selected or assigned to each product. We will explain this here as follows:
- Perform the same steps 1 to 5 as explained in the receiving none type products with purchase order article.
- When swiping towards the right for receiving the listed products of the purchased order, a screen for assigning the lot numbers appears:
3. Click on the "
+" button located at the lower right side of the screen to create/assign a lot/batch number to the product. Unlike the other type of products of PULPO WMS, a
Batch Number and
Expiration Date must be scanned or assigned to Lot type products when receiving them at the warehouse.
As in receiving incoming goods with None type products, these can be accepted or rejected according to their delivery conditions. Register the accepted quantity of products as well as the rejected ones in case of any.
❗️ NOTE: Accepted products are to be taken inside the warehouse and will be active in warehousing tasks. Rejected products must be manually taken to positions of type "return" and will not be made available for sales.
The employee must scan the barcode of the current receiving position to register the product at that receiving position.
PULPO WMS allows adding any notes or pictures, for example, to add information according to the actual state of the products when being physically inspected at the receiving positions.
4. When finishing scanning or assigning lot/batch numbers to the accepted/rejected products, press the
FINISH button to return to the assigning lot numbers screen mentioned in 2. Since different batches may be received in one shipment, you will return to this screen after adding every batch. Notice that listed products have now an expiration date defined and the accepted/rejected quantity is displayed.
5. Click on the
FINISH button when all products from the list have been inspected and have a lot number and expiration date defined. This will return to the purchase order screen. As mentioned in the receiving none type products with purchase order article, products that have been completely inspected will be dark grey colored and blocked.
6. When all products listed in the purchase order have successfully been inspected (all products are grey colored and blocked), the task can be finished by clicking the
FINISH button at the lower part of the screen. This will return to the list of purchased orders mentioned in step 4 of the receiving none type products with purchase order article.
7. When all purchase orders from the list have been processed, the incoming good task can be finished for that specific date by pressing the
back arrow button located at the upper left side of the screen.
💡 PULPO TIP: Notice that successfully finished purchase orders can not be swiped to the right side of the screen and their purple arrow mark will disappear.
The products can now be stored in a corresponding position optimally assigned by PULPO WMS. The system will automatically create this movement task.
Keep exploring the different tasks that can be done with PULPO WMS. See what is next for receiving goods, conduct movement tasks, manage outgoing orders and more:
- Manage incoming goods using the Web App
- Receive incoming goods with Purchase Order using Mobile App: None type (regular) products
- Receive incoming goods with Purchase Order using Mobile App: Serial type products
- Receive incoming goods without Purchase Order using Mobile App
- Movement tasks: Move & store products from the reception zone
- Learn how to create and manage outgoing orders using the PULPO WMS Web App
- Learn about picking tasks coming from the outgoing orders in PULPO WMS
- Packing tasks using the PULPO WMS Mobile App
- Create counting tasks using the PULPO WMS Web App
- Manage stock using the PULPO WMS Web App