See the article in large view here: http://help.pulpowms.com/en/articles/4277957-receive-incoming-goods-with-purchase-order-using-mobile-app-serial-type-products
Products with serial numbers have a unique number for each unit of product. These are classified as Serial type products in PULPO WMS (see the definitions for None, Serial and Lot type products in PULPO WMS). Since these products often have a higher value and come with guarantees, it is important to document the product serial numbers. This article will explain how to receive type Serial products of a purchase order using the PULPO WMS Mobile App.
For receiving Serial type products in the warehouse, the product must be created or synchronized as explained in the Create/Edit Products article.
The process for receiving Serial type products is the same as the one for receiving None type products described in the receiving none type products with purchase order article. All steps will be the same except for step 6 of the procedure, where a serial number must be selected or assigned to each product. We will explain this here as follows:
- Perform the same steps 1 to 5 as explained in the receiving none type products with purchase order article.
- When swiping towards the right for receiving the listed products of the purchased order, a screen for assigning the serial numbers appears:
3. Click on the "
+" button located at the lower right side of the screen to add serial numbers. As when receiving none type products with purchase order, these can be accepted or rejected according to their delivery conditions.
❗️ NOTE: Accepted products are to be taken inside the warehouse and will be active in warehousing tasks. Rejected products must be manually taken to positions of type "return" and will not be made available for sales.
The employee must scan the barcode of the current receiving position to register the receiving position into which he is going to put the Serial type products.
PULPO WMS allows adding any notes or pictures, for example, to add information according to the actual state of the products when being physically inspected at the receiving positions.
Each serial number must be scanned or added in the
Add item field. Notice the displayed quantity of already scanned products at the top of the screen.
Since Serial type products in PULPO WMS have always one unique serial number, the quantity of scanned products is automatically calculated by PULPO WMS, avoiding the employee having to count the number of products scanned. PULPO WMS also automatically avoids duplicating the same serial number.
As serial numbers are being scanned, these will be listed below the
Add item field and the quantity of scanned products will be calculated and displayed at the top of the screen.
4. When finishing scanning or assigning serial numbers to the accepted/rejected products, press the
FINISH button to return to the assigning serial numbers screen mentioned in 2. Notice that listed products have now a serial number assigned and a corresponding status.
5. Click on the
FINISH button when all products have been inspected and have a serial number. This will return to the purchase order screen. As mentioned in the receiving none type products with purchase order article, products that have been completely inspected will be dark grey colored and blocked.
6. When all products listed in the purchase order have successfully been inspected (all products are grey colored and blocked), the task can be finished by clicking the
FINISH button at the lower part of the screen. This will return to the list of purchased orders mentioned in step 4 of the receiving none type products with purchase order article.
7. When all purchase orders from the list have been processed, the incoming good task can be finished for that specific date by pressing the
back arrow button located at the upper left side of the screen.
💡 PULPO TIP: Notice that successfully finished purchase orders can not be swiped to the right side of the screen and their purple arrow mark will disappear.
The products can now be stored in a corresponding position optimally assigned by PULPO WMS. The system will automatically create this movement task.
Keep exploring the different tasks that can be done with PULPO WMS. See what is next for receiving goods, conduct movement tasks, manage outgoing orders and more:
- Manage incoming goods using the Web App
- Receive incoming goods with Purchase Order using Mobile App: None type (regular) products
- Receive incoming goods with Purchase Order using Mobile App: Lot type products
- Receive incoming goods without Purchase Order using Mobile App
- Movement tasks: Move & store products from the reception zone
- Learn how to create and manage outgoing orders using the PULPO WMS Web App
- Learn about picking tasks coming from the outgoing orders in PULPO WMS
- Packing tasks using the PULPO WMS Mobile App
- Create counting tasks using the PULPO WMS Web App
- Manage stock using the PULPO WMS Web App