See the article large view here: http://help.pulpowms.com/en/articles/4255308-movement-task-move-store-products-from-the-reception-zone
Movement tasks refer to any task of moving products inside the warehouse. These movements can occur when receiving incoming goods or relocating products. This article will explain how to perform these tasks using the PULPO WMS Mobile App.
PULPO WMS suggests positions for the storage of products based on different rules and optimization algorithms, e.g. if we have a product tagged with 'high rotation' (it is often sold), the Mobile App will suggest a storage position close to the packing zone. In this way, picking this product will be a lot faster.
Another intelligent suggestion example is if the product has the tag "high value". This product, for example, must be stored in a safer (often only accessible for certain staff members) position.
❗️IMPORTANT: PULPO WMS suggests positions, but the employee may (possibly with restrictions) choose other or applicable positions for storing the products. Depending on the PULPO WMS version, not all rules may be available for suggesting positions. Contact our team if you are interested in unlocking all options.
Movement tasks will appear listed in the PULPO WMS Mobile App according to the incoming goods received (movement tasks automatically created by the incoming goods process) or by specific request from the administrator via the Web App.
- Go to the
Movementoption located on the left side menu of the PULPO WMS App.
2. All pending movement tasks will appear listed by their created order. swipe towards the right side of the screen any task to access the task's detailed information.
3. A product list will be shown for the selected movement task. Information regarding the name of the product, the current position where it is located and the quantity registered for that product can be visualized. Tap on the
ACCEPT MOVEMENT TASK button located at the bottom part of the screen to start the movement task.
OK to accept the desired movement task from the
Confirm dialog displayed.
4. The screen will show a list of products in their current/start positions as well as the registered quantity for each product. The employee must select each product from the list independently and then click the scan button at the lower right corner of the screen.
❗️ NOTE: When performing a movement task created from the incoming goods process, the starting position for all products will be a reception position of the warehouse. This means that incoming goods and products are still physically located at the reception zone and need to be moved to a specific storage position inside the warehouse. The process will be the same as the one that will be explained below.
5. After selecting a single product from the list, the current product's position must be scanned first. For this example, the position will be: example_zone_1-2-3-2-2-1:
6. Depending on the type of product scanned (None, Serial or Lot), different quantities, serial and lot numbers must be registered with the app. Apply the following depending on each product:
- For None type products: Scan the product's barcode and then type the product's quantity (PULPO WMS allows placing image attributes to products to easily recognize them with the App).
- For Serial type products: Scan the product's barcode and then select from the list (or type) the product's serial number. Serial type products have a specific serial number for each product. Introduce as many serial numbers as necessary to fulfill the product quantity requested by the task. The product's requested quantity will be displayed on the upper part of the screen (PULPO WMS allows placing image attributes to products to easily recognize them with the App).
- For Lot type products: Scan the product's barcode and then assign the product's quantity according to each lot number. Lot numbers are created for each batch of products when performing the incoming good process. When scanning the product's barcode, the lot number must appear for each batch of products with their specific expiration date. (PULPO WMS allows placing image attributes to products to easily recognize them with the App).
7. After scanning and processing each type of products from the list, the employee can start the journey inside the warehouse towards the positions suggested by the Mobile App. The screen will display the product list with the destination positions, organized according to the shortest travel route inside the warehouse, together with the corresponding quantities.
8. The employee can now choose to take the products to the suggested destination positions or choose a different position for a specific product. He also can split the product's quantities into different positions if required.
- When choosing a new destination position for a product (different from the one suggested by PULPO WMS), the employee can simply scan the new destination position and the products list mentioned in 7 will be updated with the new position.
- When splitting quantities of products for different positions, the employee must scan the new destination position and assign the quantities for each new position. He can create as many new destination positions as desired. The products list mentioned in 7 will be updated with the new positions and their related product quantities.
9. After the employee arrives at a destination position, he must scan the position's code so as to make sure he is in the right position and then perform the same steps mentioned in 6 depending on the type of product to be stored. When successfully storing products in a destination/storage position, these will appear listed and "checked" in the products list mentioned in 7.
10. When all products have been stored in their positions, the task can be ended (click on the
FINISH button of the lower part of the screen). The movement task list will be updated and the completed tasks will disappear from the list mentioned in 3.
Congratulations! You have now successfully performed a movement task and stored your products in a specific storage position inside your warehouse.
Keep exploring the different tasks that can be done with PULPO WMS. See what is next for managing outgoing orders, conduct pickings, pack your products and much more: