See the article large view here:
Movement tasks refer to any task of moving products inside the warehouse. These movements occur when receiving incoming goods, storing and relocating products. This article will explain how to perform these tasks using the PULPO WMS Mobile App.
PULPO WMS suggests positions for the storage of products based on different rules and optimization algorithms, e.g. if we have a product tagged with 'high rotation' (it is often sold), the Mobile App will suggest a storage position near the packing zone. This way the picking for this product will be a lot faster.
Another intelligent suggestion example is if the product has the tag "high value". This product, for example, must be stored in a safer (often only accessible for certain staff members) position.
❗️IMPORTANT: PULPO WMS suggests positions, but the employee may (possibly with restrictions) choose other or applicable positions for storing the products. Depending on the PULPO WMS version, not all rules may be available for suggesting positions. Contact our team if you are interested in unlocking all options.
Movement tasks for incoming goods
Movement tasks are created and displayed in the PULPO WMS Mobile App according to the incoming goods received in the warehouse. This means that incoming goods and products are still physically located at the reception zone and need to be moved to a specific storage position inside the warehouse.
- Go to the
Movementoption located on the left side menu of the PULPO WMS App. You will see the pending movement tasks listed by their created order.
2. The employee can accept a task by swiping it to the right. Then, a list of products will appear with the name of the product, the actual position where it is located and the quantity registered for that product. Then click on the
ACCEPT MOVEMENT TASK button located at the bottom part of the screen.
OK to accept the desired movement task from the Confirm dialog displayed.
3. Now, the screen displays the list of products registered at the corresponding reception zone. The employee must select each product independently and click the scan button at the lower right corner of the screen.
4. Then, the employee must first scan the reception zone code where the product is currently located. For this example, the position will be: INCOMING-3:
5. Then, scan the product code:
6. Finally, assigning or validate the quantity of that product:
XXXadd example for none and serial products)
7. After scanning the position, product and quantity of the first listed item, then the employee can continue with the next product listed. Notice that the already scanned products from the list will display a "checked" symbol on the right side.
8. After scanning all products from the list, PULPO WMS displays the storage position codes for each product in an optimized route sequence to help the employee be as efficient as possible.
9. By clicking on the "three-dot" option next to each product, the employee has the opportunity to:
- Split the product quantities and/or store them in different positions.
- Choose a different position from the one suggested by PULPO WMS to store the product.
For splitting the product's quantities, a new storage position must be scanned. The employee can also choose the number of products to be stored in each new position.
The list will be updated and displayed with the corresponding changes in the positions that the employee assigned.
10. Finally, the employee can now go to the appropriate position displayed for each product. The employee must confirm the storage position, the product (so that the system validates that the right product is actually stored) and confirm the quantity (similar process as explained in steps 4, 5 and 6).
The product will display a "Checked" symbol in the product list to indicate that the product and its quantity are successfully stored in the desired position.
11. When all products have been stored in their positions, the task can be ended (click on the
FINISH button of the lower part of the screen). The movement task list will be updated and the completed tasks will disappear from the list.
Congratulations! You have now successfully performed a movement task and stored your products in a specific storage position inside your warehouse.