See the article large view here: http://help.pulpowms.com/en/articles/4229885-manage-incoming-goods-using-the-web-app
Start managing the reception of goods and products in your warehouse with the PULPO WMS Web App. This article will guide you through the process of creating new purchase orders and receiving products in your warehouse.
❗️ To receive incoming goods in your warehouse, Products must be first created and registered in PULPO WMS.
Receiving incoming goods in PULPO WMS can be done in three different ways:
- Create a new purchase order in the Web App
- Synchronize purchase orders from third party systems
- Uploading purchase orders from csv file
1. Create a new purchase order in the Web App
Pending and new purchase orders can be managed in the
Incoming goods option located on the left side menu of the Web App.
Incoming goods screen displays three different tabs for managing your purchase orders and incoming products. Select a date from the calendar to filter and visualize a list of purchase orders for the desired dates.
Tabs of the
Incoming goods screen are explained as follows:
- Incoming goods: Shows the current incoming goods to be received in the warehouse on a given date.
- Purchase orders: Shows the active pending orders to be received at the warehouse on a given date.
- Print labels: Displays a list of printable labels for the active products in PULPO WMS. This will help the process of tracking and identifying products in your warehouse.
For creating a new incoming order, click on the
PURCHASE ORDERS Tab and then the create "
+" button. The following information is required:
- Order Number: Number for tracking and identifying the order
- Supplier: Name of the supplier that will deliver the order
- Delivery date: Expected delivery date for the incoming order
- Notes: Any relevant notes that the PULPO's WMS customer wants the product to have
- Add products: From the search bar, type and select any active product registered in PULPO WMS.
❗️ Note: When adding a product, a new dialog appears with information about the product. The quantity of a product in the new incoming order must be assigned based on the minimum purchased unit (a multiple of this number, e.g. if it is warehoused in packages of 5 individual units, this number can be 5, 10, 15 etc) defined in the product creation/editing article.
💡 PULPO-TIP: Only assign an integer multiple of the "minimum unit" defined in the product's creation different than "1" if it is really necessary, because if you set the "minimum unit" but you want to receive an individual product, for example, because one product inside a box was damaged, you might not be able to do so.
If you define a number in "Units per Package" your employees will be able to put in amounts of packages and assist them to not have to multiply the numbers in their heads.
After creating new incoming orders, these can be visualized in the
PURCHASE ORDERS tab by filtering the desired date. Purchase orders selected from the list will display on the right side detailed information such as purchase order number, products and quantities ordered, warehouse, delivery date and supplier.
2. Synchronize incoming orders from third party systems
Incoming orders can be synchronized from third party systems (see the process for integrating and setting up third-party systems in PULPO WMS). In this case, detailed information regarding purchase orders will appear in the corresponding window and can be filtered by date.
After synchronizing purchase orders, you are ready to move on to the next tasks.
3. Uploading incoming orders from csv file
Of course, it is also possible to upload a CSV containing purchase order information.
Here you will find a CSV text example:
supplier_1,PO001,demo text,2020-03-10 10:00:00,SP0001,2
The CSV usually gets modified by Microsoft Excel if you open it with that application and will not work once you upload it. On Mac you can use the Textedit app, on windows notepad should work to be able to edit the csv without changing the file format.
All fields need to contain values. It is important to keep in mind that the PO Number needs to be unique every time you upload it, so if you want to create an additional PO to upload you would need to change the PO Number in the attached example file.
❗️ If there are unwanted tabs or line breaks in the .csv file PULPO WMS will not be able to accept them.
You can always receive goods without having uploaded a CSV with the purchase orders with option 3 in the app New incoming goods.
Now you are ready to receive goods and products at the corresponding reception positions of your warehouse. See what is next for employees to receive goods and conduct movement tasks.