See the article large view here: http://help.pulpowms.com/en/articles/4229567-create-and-edit-products
Before receiving or moving any product in your warehouse, they must be first created in PULPO WMS. This article will guide you on how to create and edit products in your warehouse assuming you already have third party suppliers properly setup.
PULPO WMS can create or edit products in three different ways:
- Via Web App
- Via third party system
- Through CSV File upload
1. Creating a product via the Web App:
Administrator profiles can create products directly in the Web App by using the
Products option located on the left side menu.
Here, you can navigate with the tabs to visualize a list of
ALL types of products created and registered in PULPO WMS, as well as only products with
Serial numbers respectively (PULPO WMS manage three type of products: None, Lot and Serial. See the PULPO WMS Glossary for more information).
Click on the
Create "+" button at the lower part of the screen or the
Edit "three-dot" option next to each product from the list to create or edit products.
When creating or editing a product from the
All tab, the following information will be required:
- SKU: Assign a unique SKU code for each product
- Name: Name of the product.
- Description: Short description of the product.
- Management type: Product type to be recognized by Pulpo WMS (None, Lot and Serial)
- Cost value: Cost of the product inside the warehouse (choose any currency)
- Minimum purchased unit: The minimum amount of units required to place a new incoming order.
- Units per purchased package: Quantity of units per purchased package
- Minimum sales units: The minimum amount of units required to sell the product
- Units per sales package: Quantity of units per sale package
- Supplier: Main supplier of the product
- Supplier product id: Identification number for the supplier
- Weight (kg): Assign the weight of the product
- Height (cm): Assign the height of the product
- Width (cm): Assign the width of the product
- Length (cm): Assign the length of the product
- Volumen (cm3): Automatically calculated based on the previously given dimensions
- Sales measure unit: Name of sales measure unit (by default: BOX)
- Purchased measuring unit: Name of purchase measure unit (by default: BOX)
Barcodes, Tags and attributes can also be assigned manually to products from the Web App as desired by the administrator. Tags and attributes are a powerful tool to control the automation of processes.
- Barcodes: Manually type any code to be assigned as the barcode
- Tags: Assign any Tag to the product according to PULPO WMS Tags (by default, PULPO WMS allows the following Tags:
- Attributes: assign any Attributes to the product according to Attributes
ASSIGNING LOT AND SERIAL NUMBERS TO PRODUCTS WITH THE WEB APP
❗️ This process should be done during the receipt of goods. If you regularly need this feature, please review your Incoming goods process or contact us for assistance.
After creating a product from the
ALL tab, depending on the type of product created, these can be now assigned to specific Lot and Serial numbers.
SERIALS tabs will display the desired products typed in the search bar. The Lot and Serial numbers can be manually created or edited by filling in the required information respectively:
Required information for creating/editing Lot numbers:
- Search product: Product to be assigned with a LOT number.
- Management type: "Lot" by default
- Expiration date: Assign the corresponding expiration date
- Lot number: Assign the desired lot number
Required information for creating/editing Serial numbers:
- Search product: Product to be assigned with a Serial number.
- Management type: "Serial" by default
- Serial number: Assign the desired serial number
2. Synchronize products via third party system
Products can be synchronized by a third party system to PULPO WMS. In order to keep all sales channels up-to-date, it may make sense to use PULPO WMS as the leading system for product information and to maintain only the individual prices in the various sales channels.
Take a look at some other setups in PULPO WMS:
- Install the PULPO WMS Mobile App
- Review the PULPO WMS general settings
- Learn how to set up warehouses in PULPO WMS
- Understand warehouse position types and nomenclature in PULPO WMS
- Setup your PULPO WMS users
- Set up your third party Suppliers & Customers
- Setup Tags for users, positions and products
- Learn how to create and edit products in PULPO WMS